Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Return to Art in the Lavender Harvest

I have been sorely absent since, I can hardly believe it, June 2! There has certainly been no lack of events about which to blog, but there has been a lack of energy with which to blog. I have thought about it many times, and have just not had the physique when sitting in front of my computer screen.

I am now surrounded by a beautiful lower mountain environment. The weather is much cooler than at my prior abode, and there are pine trees, deer, skunks, raccoons, and all manner of other critters. Recently, we harvested the lavender in our yard to use in projects through the winter.

The scent is marvelous, and with as many lavender plants as we have here, I will not have a shortage for the many projects I plan to create. We turned on some music, and piped it to the outdoor speakers so we had some listening enjoyment while we cut the plants.

They have been drying in baskets and we have been working to strip the scented pods from the stems. They will then be stored until I have time to turn them into something sublime.


This little deer watches us in the yard, and he is one of my favorite little goodies tucked away here and there under the trees. My 4 1/2 year old daughter took this photo.
Until the next delivery...



No comments: