Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Most Important Things of All

YESTERDAY and the day before, I was a little under the weather, and it kept me indoors in a reclining chair for the duration of both evenings. While there, I thought about how I take for granted being able to go outdoors and stroll the grounds or tend my gardens or play with my youngest child, Amilia (my oldest child, Nature Boy, is not interested in play anymore...now we just text), or even to just knit or craft.

TODAY, I watched a beautiful sunset while I poked sticks in the ground all around my young plants to keep the cats and raccoons away. TODAY, I frolicked on the bottom acre in fairyland while a wild horse galloped and snorted all around me. TODAY, I remembered to smile when Amilia wanted to run with sticks and pretend she was a dog (trampling the newly tilled garden patch).
TOMORROW I will hug my children, write my spouse a love note, call my mom, write my friends actual snail mail letters, and SAVOR EVERY MOMENT of the day, because we do not know what the future holds, and life is too valuable to forget about what are the most important things of all: life, HEALTH, love, FAMILY.


No comments: