Amilia has been looking at her "Magazine" and making her list. I have already worked out what she will be receiving this year, and I am limiting it to handmade, made in USA, and Playmobil. As I have mentioned, Playmobil is allowed in our house because it is made of quality materials under strict quality controls in Europe.
I have, however, seen a couple of their items use outsourced component parts over the last two years, so I check with the company to make certain that my specific choices have been made in Europe. Playmobil is a German company, so I don't expect it to be made in the USA.
My biggest source for handmade gifts is Etsy. There are so many wonderful stores on Etsy that it is easy to do all the rest of my shopping there. I am personally making many of the gifts I am giving this year, so I have been busily working away!
Over the last two years, I have been compiling a list of places I trust for shopping. I would like to share a few with you.
Some of my favorite places to shop:
- ETSY -sooooo many handmade items to choose from...search away!
- Toys of USA -toys made in USA
- Down to Earth Toys
- Still Made in USA.com
- Gator Tots -also has PVC and BPA free bottles and sippy cups
- Our Green House
- Toys American.com -ONLY USA made toys
- Vermont Teddy Bear -Bears completely made in Vermont
- Whittle Shortline Railroad -all things train, all made in the USA
- Maple Landmark Woodcraft -gifts, toys, and games crafted in Vermont
- Craftsbury Kids -handmade gift items and toys
- You Name It Toys -handcrafted wooden toys and puzzles, specializing in Name Puzzles
- The Cherokees -Native American gift items and toys, handcrafted in the USA
- All American Baby
- USA Made.com -searchable database pointing you to producst made in the USA
If you have not begun shopping, or have not begun to even THINK about Christmas, let me tell you that my sources say there are 59 sleeps, 0 hours, 38 minutes & 21 seconds left until the big day. With the list above, you can easily complete shopping for every person on your list without ever leaving your home.
We don't go crazy with the commercialism of the holiday, but it is a time for family, sharing, joy, blessings, thankfulness, and recognition of our loved ones.
Happy Impending Holidays to you and your loved ones...