Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Darjeeling & Dagoba



My husband says tea and chocolate are "morale boosters" and I must say he is spot on! Now that the weather is changing, we are in curl-up-and-hibernate mode. With what do we want to hibernate?
COMFORT.

Comfort clothing, comfort beverages, comfort food. So, last weekend while at the market, I decided it was time to bring a little more comfort home. Today at tea time, we sampled the wares. I have always been a fan of Darjeeling. This tea is very flavorful and full-bodied, and was marvelous when coupled with the chocolate.

I feel good about these because they are organic, and Dagoba chocolates are also made with cacao. Now I can add St. Dalfour organic Darjeeling to the list of Tea Bags I have Known. I encourage all to do the same!
Tonight was French Onion soup night at our house. I will only make this about four times a year because it takes about 4 hours to make (including prep and finish). I cut the onions on my lunch hour, began the slow cooking of the onions at my 3pm break, and added the stock and finished after the end of the work day at 5pm. (Organic onions preferable, no beef stock, we subbed vegetable stock, and the only ingredients are: onions, butter, 1TBSP evaporated cane juice crystals, and sometimes 3/4 tsp Thyme.) Then, of course, the toasted baguette and cheese topping. That is yummmmmy Gruyere cheese beckoning on top.

Happy Hibernation!



No comments: