Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Season of Change

AS ROME crumbles, I plan to continue my path toward living in harmony with nature and reflecting on the important things in life. Peel back the worldly goods and the pretense of "upwardly mobile" and what is left? family, LOVE, health, THANKFULNESS.

Here Is ToDaY's FORECAST:

Mostly cloudy. Chance of rain and wet snow showers in the evening...then rain and snow showers likely after midnight. Snow level 4000 feet lowering to 3500 feet after midnight. No snow accumulation. Lows in the mid 30s to lower 40s. (But the radio said low of 26-28 tonight and tomorrow night!) Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Wow! On October 9th? Really? Being a native Californian, and just below the middle at that, I am not used to seeing frost/freezing temperatures until mid-December. I find it all very exciting--and COLD. I have dug out the gloves, hat, scarves and wool sweaters. I have moved the succulents into the garage potting table and the drying lavender into the greenhouse. I have covered the young winter garden plants, and sealed up the spring garden beds. I have rolled up the patio carpet and taken in the yard furniture and cushions. I am ready.

1 comment:

yoga learner said...

You seem to be a blissful person, blessed too because you have a beautiful mind.