Saturday, January 3, 2009

Even if your fingers are tired

from typing a GAGILLION (Gajillion?) applications, cover letters, or inquiry emails, you just have to keep going. That is what I did this morning when I awoke at 6:30 after a fitful sleep when I could not recapture the REM state of unconsciousness. In fact, I don't think I really made it to REM at all.

Sleep
you walked so happily with me
in younger days
Sleep
I thought you would never
be a stranger to me
Yet
you have forsaken me
and left me alone with
Awake
I know, huh? Yup, I wrote that little gem this morning as I crawled out of my warm cocoon into the 29 degree morning with only embers in the woodstove. I then scampered (in truth, I don't think I have scampered anywhere since I was twentysomething, but one can embellish in one's own blog) to my computer and trolled for employment listings. I pushed six resumés out into the Universe before it was time to run Saturday Family Errands.
Tonight has been about making lit-tle ti-ny notebooks. I will post photos tomorrow.

No comments: