Friday, January 16, 2009

Uncertainty...

Takes my mind off the fact that my final paycheck has been deposited, and as of today, I have no job. Sure, I have sent out resumes, met with agencies, taken tests, been through screenings, and spoken with the unemployment department.

With the state's budget crises, not sure if I will be receiving unemployment or not. So far, no interviews or solid appearance of an offer of employment. Received one letter of "we have moved forward with other candidates that more closely match our requirements." Over qualified, experience in wrong industry, experience in right industry, but not right experience, too well-rounded, too broad a range of skills...

Since when does a person with a Doctoral degree have trouble finding employment?

Apparently, since Asante laid off 26 workers, Harry and David laid off 100 workers, Circuit City closed 550 stores, several factories closed, and there are only more to come...

No comments: