Friday, March 6, 2009

You never know unless you try it! (revised)

1. In my opinion, life is like a game of Frogger. If you hop around aimlessly without paying attention, you are likely to be SQUASHED. Life is a tough game. It requires agility, stamina, wit, analytical ability, perseverance, optimism, and an undauntable SPIRIT. Be smart. Seek Wisdom. Stay Alert. ASK QUESTIONS. Don't blindly believe or follow other people. Have Faith. THINK. Don't be afraid to take the road less travelled.


2. Number 2 has been edited because it was about trying old fashioned bar shampoo instead of SLS containing shampoos. I have switched to more natural ingredient shampoos, but I realized that the bar I picked up DID have Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) which I do not necessarily want in my soap. I have read that lye MUST be used in the soponification process, or there will not be soap. I have also read that soap CAN be made without it. Which is correct? So I am on a quest to find THE BEST SHAMPOO, bar or liquid, with the Best Ingredients, and NO UNWANTED INGREDIENTS! I will update you when I find it...

3. Remember whatever is good in your life. Especially in this tough economic climate, when the negativity threatens to take over your thoughts. Cherish your health, your family, your freedoms. I have a new happy thought to think in rough times: Amilia read her first book today. Every word. By herself. With only a smidge of prompting at the difficult parts.

In her words,

CELEBRATE, CELEBRATE!

2 comments:

SLColman said...

This post was great :) It was very uplifting to me!
- Stephanie from http://fromhuskiestohusbands.today.com

Small Footprints said...

I love the positive tone of this post and the truth of what it says!

I'll be very interested to see which shampoo you come up with. I've been trying to switch to something more earth friendly ... and something that doesn't bust my budget ... but so far I haven't found one.

Congrats to Amilia for completing her first book! A celebration sounds well deserved!

BTW ... thank you for following Reduce Footprints. I'm following you, as well, and have added you to my "green" blog roll.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com