Sunday, May 24, 2009

Birdy arrived in Germany!

I was visiting a blog called Lovely Purses on my regular blog rounds yesterday, and to my surprise, I was the subject of the post. Or rather, Birdy (from Crafting it Forward) was the subject. The photographs taken of my packaging and of Birdy are lovely there, and I am pleased that Duni liked my creation.

In fact, she chose to affix the ribbon and use Birdy as a hanging ornament instead of a pincushion. In actuality, that was what the pattern originally intended, and I must agree that she was too sweet to be stabbed with pins. Amilia was sad when I mailed Birdy off, but she was happy to see she had found a good home, and she enjoyed looking at photos of her arrival in Germany. She is a travelled European bird now.

I have been thinking about my wish list and thought I would share:
1. A serger for more professional seams
2. A Nikon D90 SLR
3. A VitaMix
4. A manual wheatgrass juicer

What is on your wish list?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Small Footprints said...

I love the whole "craft it forward" concept ... what fun! Your little bird is sweet and how cool to know that it's residing in Germany!

Take Care!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

citydiggity said...

I did a lot of sewing in high school but not much since. I recently decided to try getting back into it and bought a new machine and have put a serger on my wish list for the future. Cheers!

Deb G said...

Well, I know I'm going to need a new camera soon. I want a few more fruit trees to replace shrubs that died over the winter. And a team of gardeners to come pull weeds for the day!

Regarding seams, for clothes made out of woven materials I usually do French seams. Love them!