Monday, May 11, 2009

Pincushion it is!

Well, I forgot that my bird was thinking about being an accent pillow, and my scissors cut it out as a bird. So it is now a pincushion. It is a happy little pincushion, other than that the fabric was wont (inclined) to ravel. Which is why you can see that the seam is recognizable as a seam. Birdy does not care. She is tweet tweet happy to be in existence and ready to hold the pins of whomever is her lucky recipient. Amilia has been requesting her use as a toy, but she ALWAYS wants to keep ALL of my creations! The pincushion behind birdy is made from an upcycled sweater and adorned with a felted and beaded bead.I am creating more of both of these items so they will be available in my Etsy shop when I open it again. Next, I am working on what will become of these thrift store finds:Bookmarks? Finger puppets? The possibilities are astounding! Also, I made myself one of those fancy blog signatures - what do you think? Join me also on Wed, Fri, and Saturdays as I guest blog on Green Earth Journey. Begins THIS Wednesday, May 13.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the birdy! How does one make a blog signature? I've seen them on other blogs as well. I'd like to try it. Keep going with your projects, you're doing great. Did we ever decide about the Hoarder's Challenge? I guess I should go look for myself, LOL!
Have a great week!

Leslie said...

OOOH- you got lucky like me at the thrift store! About 2 years ago I found a mattress bag full of wonderful wool, funky, european, all different yarns. I still use them now for all my projects :)

debg said...

I like fraying seams. :)

Lo Christine said...

Love the pin cushion birdy! So cute.

Golden Today said...

your birdie is so cute! i need crafty ideas! got any :o)