Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Announcements and Challenges

CHALLENGE:

Reduce Footprints, a blog I regularly follow, is beginning an ongoing series of "Change The World Wednesday" challenges, and I will most likely be following along each week in addition to my regular Word Wednesday posts. This week, it is simple:

At least once this week, take a short shower ... time it to no more than 10 minutes.

If you accept the challenge, go to her site and leave a comment. If you have a blog, comment and then add a short post about it on your blog. Are you game?

ANNOUNCEMENT:
IN ADDITION to that announcement, I am going to make a change to my Silent Sunday posts, if I have enough interest to keep it going. Are you a crafter, artisan, collector, or hoarder of things? I head Hoarders Unite on Etsy because I LOVE to collect things. In fact, I am often downright cluttery with all my projects and supplies. Not quite to Disorder status, but definitely a packrat on the border! So, I want your photos! If you have a stash, collection, hoard, or you suffer from the same affliction of can'tpassupanythingfreeshinyorcolorful, then send me your photos. Of course, by sending me your photos, you are granting a license for me to use them...so here is the jargon for that:

Your License to Us. By submitting material to us, you are representing that you are the owner of the material, or are making your submission with the express consent of the owner. you agree that such material is provided to us on a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unlimited, worldwide, transferable, non-exclusive basis, and that we (including our partners, agents, affiliates and service providers (each a "Third Party Provider" and collectively, "Third Party Providers") may reproduce, modify, archive, publish, display and otherwise distribute such material as we see fit in any medium now known or hereafter developed, in any manner we see fit (for example, online or offline derivative works) and for any purpose. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you agree that we (as defined above) may distribute, share or otherwise provide such material under any terms we see fit to any user(s) of this website or any users of any Third Party Provider services, without the requirement of providing you any form of compensation. You also agree that we, including our Third Party Providers, may identify you as the author of any of your postings by name, email address or screen name as we see appropriate.


This really just means that I want to use your photos, so don't send me any that you don't want to grant a license for me to use. I want to see your supplies, workroom, studio, or whatever space you keep your stuff. Are you game? If so, email them to me (email found in my profile or on the right-hand column About Me section) and I will begin The Sunday Hoard or something similar.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Small Footprints said...

Thank you, Sinclair! I appreciate your posting about Change The World Wednesdays. Hopefully, if we all work together ... we can have an impact and ... change the world.

Everyone who leaves a comment on my blog and commits to the challenge, will get their site's link posted the following week (providing they leave me the address). However, if your readers would prefer not to leave a comment on Reduce Footprints but still want to participate ... please do. The idea is to get as many people as possible doing the same "green" activity during the same week.

Take Care!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com