Monday, July 27, 2009

Do Turkeys Wear Hats?

The wild turkeys were out with their babies this morning in the field next door. Mr. Turkey was leading them around and making a small popping noise in his throat. "Come this way, quick!"He was not happy about my presence, and the dog on the other side was heartily barking in their direction. They meandered off into the cover of heavier brush and trees.

I guess turkeys do NOT wear hats, but if they did, they could keep warm in this little hat that I knitted this weekend. This is my first ever hat! I have been knitting for two years and have done scarves, washcloths, scrubbies, finger puppets, and doll blankets. But no hats.

I have finally broken the hat barrier. Now I need a set of interchangeable bamboo circular needles so I can make more and more and more hats and cowls and...sweaters? Dare I attempt sweaters? First, more hats...

Photobucket

3 comments:

Lori at Jarvis House said...

Sinclair, I loved the pictures of the wild turkeys. Around here, Long Island, we have an overpopulation of Canada Geese and Swans. NO turkeys. Very nice hats too. Keep knitting you're doing a great job.

Deb G said...

You want to make socks. You know you want to make socks...

The hat does look great!

Sinclair said...

I DO really want to try socks! Baby steps...socks are slated for the winter, for sure.