Saturday, July 18, 2009

Farmer's Market or Bust! (and other things)

Well, the Farmer's Market was a BIG bust this week. It was HOT. Not that I'm complaining about heat; my tomatoes need some to get red already. It was apparently in competition with the County Fair. The organic produce farmer was absent AGAIN. Even Nature Boy came along for the fun this week, but was mostly unrewarded for his efforts (except he did eat some yummy fish tacos). So, it was transformed into artisan market two weeks running. That would be fun, too, except it turns off the people who came for produce and eggs and the like. So, no photos from the market this week.

Instead, I give you the progress on Loving Hands...
(I did not alter the size of these photos or watermark yet, so you can click to see a larger and more detailed view)And, the bonus for me this week at the Evening Market was that I met the knitting lady and had a tutorial on using circular needles. I have learned how to use 5 needles to knit in the round because I think one should know it, but I want to try the circulars...now I just need to find a 16" circular needle, and I am on my way to Hatville.
Happy Saturday to all!


Photobucket

4 comments:

elan said...

Circulars make life good (they don't impress the muggles like knitting with 5 needles does thoug) nothing like a seemless sweater.

Audrey said...

Bummer about the market! I love farmers markets, they are so much fun to walk through.
Is it weekly? Maybe next weeks will be better.

Splendid Little Stars said...

cool rendition of Amilia's work!

Deb G said...

Circulars make many things easier (especially knitting on the go since the stitches don't fall off as easily), but I doubt I'll ever bother trying to figure out how to do socks on them.

Farmer's markets do seem to have days like that....