Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I have been working on a few projects. I have been helping Mr. Nature harvest lavender for his farmer's market Friday evenings, and as the extra dries, I am stripping the buds from the stems to make dryer sachets.

I have been knitting coasters and washcloths for my Hoarders Unite July challenge, but I do not have any photos worthy of posting just yet. Then, last night at bedtime, I could not find my eyemask. Do you wear an eye mask? I never did, but I find that the older I get, the worse I sleep.

Which means I am up at 4:30 every morning to, you know, release the water. And since Amilia has to have so many nightlights that the place is lit up like Christmas, I need an eye mask. My usual one is several years old and has been in need of elastic replacement for some time. It slips and slides and does me very little good anyway.

So, last night at 11:30 pm, I grabbed some old eyelet from my lace bin, a couple of Amilia's old t-shirts from the scrap bin, some ribbon from the ribbon drawer, and set to work. I really love the outcome, and it is so much lighter than my old commercial Cost Plus World Market mask that I slept like a babe who does not have to get up to release water.

But the 11:30 pm time-frame and the wrong sewing foot and the spandex in the t-shirt meant that the lining was not as pretty as one might want...see?but it does not impair the wear at all, so I am happy with it as is. The scallops fit just right in the nose area, so I didn't have to cut it to look like a traditional mask. I am making a second one because Amilia likes the look of it and wants to need a mask as well. Gone are the days when I could sleep through the house being run over by a logging truck.

I blame it on "mommy ears."
But, I wouldn't trade them in for silver, gold,
or my eye mask.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

Now that is a cool eye mask! Happy sleeping!

Katie of Branded Butterfly said...

That eye mask is a really good idea. I would think you could make them and sell them. My partner is always wanting an eye mask, but she hates the ones that are shaped like goggles. She says they pinch her nose. These might be a good alternative!