Thursday, August 13, 2009

Breakfast from the garden

We sat in our favorite spot on the west deck by the porch swing this morning and enjoyed breakfast from our garden. I was captured mid-sip by Mr. Nature and, though I generally dislike photos of myself, I thought I would post it in honor of Beelieve's recent posting of photos of herself.

Cameras never seem to capture what is in my soul. They miss my wondering, playful, feisty nature and always seem to just capture a goofy blank of misplaced sags and wrinkles. When I was younger (before braces) they mostly captured big, long teeth with big gaps, and a pointed nose (no fixing there, since I actually like my nose...despite Ricci in 5th grade drawing stick photos of myself sharpening it in a pencil sharpener and passing them to me at reading time).

But, I digress. The real post was about breakfast, and the bounty of my garden.Almost everything on this plate came from Deer Palace (my house). The exceptions are the bread, butter, and onions.Striper the wondercat wanted to share very badly. The tomatoes, basil, squash, jalapeno, and eggs were all from the garden and grounds. The eggs, compliments of Daisy, Olive, and Mary are a rich yellow color and have a very full-bodied flavor.So flavorful, in fact, that I almost considered licking the plate. Almost. I am very thankful for the blessings of garden bounty and a beautiful environment in which to enjoy it. I savor the beauty in each day as I find it, and pass it along to you as it overflows.

Now, off to shadow puppet theatre at the library...

Photobucket

4 comments:

SLColman said...

Your breakfast looked wonderful :) How awesome that it was from your land!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

You have eggs now! How cool! a porch breakfast...sounds delightful!
I don't like photos of myself either generally. I am NOT photogenic. But I like your mid sip photo. Great work, Mr. Nature!

Lori at Jarvis House said...

Wonderful and healthy breakfast! Beautiful to look at an I'm sure delicious to taste. It takes a special gardener to grow food. Great job.

cartside said...

I'm getting hungry just reading your post! I've only just discovered your blog and really like it. I've left a tag over at mine in case you're interested.