Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Deer Palace update...

The apples are falling fast, and falling prey to worms and wasps. We have collected as many as can be salvaged, but these are slated for the compost bin, and the wasps are feasting greedily.

Do you remember when my yard and garden looked like this on Earth Day?
Today it looks like this:
The garden bed has greened up and is surrounded with a wire fence. The greenery around the maple tree and adirondack chairs has disappeared and given way to bare ground. That grass is only seasonal, as this is a section we do not waste water on in the dry summer months. I tried to take them from a similar position so the photos were as close as possible, but without the photos in front of me, I was a little off on the adirondack shot. Can you still see the little wood slats in the garden bed?Plenty of greenery survives on the north side, where Mr. Nature was scouting for dead tree limbs today in the oaks and madrones. How to cut them down without a cherry picker is the timely question I am now asking...

Meteor showers after midnight tonight--
Here's hoping you can see them over the moon's light...
Photobucket

2 comments:

─░lhami Uyar said...

I wonder organic agricultural and garden ,thanks alot nice sharing best wishes stay well,

Deb G said...

I have the same problem with my apples. Garden looks great!