Friday, August 21, 2009

This 'n That

Today was berry picking day, so I didn't get to post until this day is almost over. In 20 minutes, the clock will tick across to tomorrow, and I will hop across to bed. Tomorrow, I will unfold for you the tale of this charming afternoon of foraging for our food.Tonight, I bring you what I had planned to post this morning: A glimpse at my current projects. I began the morning with my coffee on the east deck in a mug I have not used before. I chose it this morning because it has a lid (for steeping tea) and that means it holds heat in while keeping bugs and tree droppings out. Also, the bunny is in a porch swing, so how could I not love it?While I sat with my coffee, I finally began unravelling this sweater I purchased last year. I found it at the Goodwill. It had been washed and semi-felted and shrunk to a size nobody could wear, but was handknit, so I purchased it to repurpose the yarn. It has been in my closet since about September last year. It was definitely time to begin.Remember the Craft Hope project I am doing? I made a practice sock monkey just to make sure I knew what I was doing before I make the real donation monkey. Meet Inky (he used to be a pair of Amilia's knee high socks):Now he is a new member of the family, and has slept in a people bed for 2 nights in a row. No monkey nest for this pet! The weekend project(s) are to put up the blackberries (mostly freezing, I think) and make the donation monkey from these socks:And to determine which chicken is laying eagle eggs...
Happy Weekend to all...
Photobucket

1 comment:

Deb G said...

Wow! That egg is huge. I have a sweater to unravel too that I haven't gotten too. Sooner or later...