Saturday, September 12, 2009

Blackberry Dye update

I located the camera, but most of the photos are so bad that I will have to re-take some to really show you the result. Above is the fabric when it was in with the blackberries. I soaked the fabric in hot water with vinegar prior to placing in the dye pot. It began as WHITE linen.

Now for the photos that are terrible and will be replaced as soon as I am able to take some more:Unfortunately, these were taken at dusk, and while you can tell the contrast in color, you cannot really see how nicely the dye variation came out on the fabric. And, they are blurry. I will replace these photos as soon as I am able. I am still mostly unavailable for online updates for a few more days...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Deb G said...

Fun! Thanks for rounding up the photos.

Lenox Knits said...

Interesting. I love eating blackberries, who knew you could dye with them also.