Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy News


I have finally surpassed 100 followers on my Google Follower gadget. I have almost reached 150 via feedburner, but that number moves up and down like a jumping jack, so I shan't hold my breath.

I want to thank Cat at 3 Kids and Us for being my 100th follower!

(cue confetti)

(imagine falling confetti like the end of the night in Times Square on
New Year's Eve)

I want to thank a few select readers (you must know who you are) for letting me know that you do enjoy my tiny piece of the blogosphere, and for the words of encouragement. I do this for fun and to reach out to others in some small way, and it is nice to know my efforts make an enjoyable read.

Also, Sharing Our Gifts Project #1 is drawing to a close, and we have so far received 16 hats and 6 pair of slippers for the Veterans of Southern Oregon. My modest goal for project #1 was 20 items, so I have achieved the goal. There are a few others in the mail that have not yet arrived.
Project #2 will be announced on October 25, so stay tuned!

Lastly, I am happy to inform you that Project #5 has been announced on Craft Hope. The project will be quilt donations to Margaret's Hope Chest to benefit homeless children in Grand Rapids, Michigan this Christmas season. I have never quilted, but it has been on my list of to-do's for some time, so I am wading in on this project. Deadline is November 15. Hop on over to Craft Hope and leave a comment if you are interested in crafting some hope.

Wishing you a fruitful Friday...

Photobucket



4 comments:

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

Aww thank you! I'm proud to be your 100th follower!

Lenox Knits said...

Congrats on reaching your milestone! Your corner of the blogasphere is always a very friendly place to visit.

Duni said...

Hi Sinclair!
I've been away, and am currently trying to catch up on what's going on on my blog buddies blogs, including yours :)
Have a super weekend!

Duni

Splendid Little Stars said...

Yay for reaching your milestones!