Monday, November 30, 2009

Gift Guide, Part 3

This week, I went in search of stocking stuffers. As you know, I am supporting handmade this year, so I am not including anything mass market. It is so much more fun to poke into the corners of the internet and find unique items crafted with care. My top 5 picks are...

#1: Coffee Cup cozy from SesameSeedDesigns on Etsy:
#2: Travel Crayon Rollup from thewillowtree.etsy:#3: Wrist Cuff Wallet from MaryZoom.etsy
#4: Robot Gears mini notebook from parksideharmony.etsy:#5: Origami coin purse from AccuteAccentAccessories on Artfire.com:In my search, I found a post that offers many stocking stuffer ideas and tutorials, in case you are a (DIY) Do-It-Yourselfer. This post from Tip Junkie offers 16 different ideas with links to the tutorials. That gives me (and you!) SIXTEEN wonderful and creative sites to explore. I am on my way right now!

Another list from the Baltimore Sun blog called Baltimore By Hand is a wonderful resource for eye-catching gifts. Handmade Holidays: Stocking Stuffers.

I also found a site called Bonanzle.com that I am absolutely going to be exploring further. It is not completely dedicated to handmade, but does include handmade. It seems to be a place that gives eBay some competition, and that is a GOOD thing! I am on my way there next!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mary Zoom said...

Thanks so much for featuring my wrist cuff wallet! That origami coin purse is amazing! I will definitely return to this blog! Good info and fun.

Splendid Little Stars said...

I will go explore all those links! Thanks!