Monday, November 16, 2009

Gift Guides, part 1

I am making almost all of the gifts I will be giving this year. The few exceptions are books and a Playmobil set for Amilia. Though there are other handmade venues, Etsy is my favorite, and the one with which I am most familiar. Over the next few Mondays, I am going to share with you some of my favorite Etsy picks.

I will kick it off this week with hats and scarves. Click the photo or shop name to be transported to the Etsy shop. (all photos owned by and taken by the respective shop owners)
First, a knitted cotton pink and ecru beanie adorned with buttons by suchandsort.etsy: Next, this Khaki slouchy hat reminiscent of fall leaves by PeaKnitty:On to scarves! One of my favorite knitters is Paige of Lenox Knits, so I am sharing a scarflette with you from her shop, plenox.etsy:Next, we move on to one of my current favorites, THE COWL. The chunkier, the better!
Like this Lurdes Cowl in rich dark green by solesilbando.etsy (ships from Spain):
Or, for the man in your life, this sensible manly neck warmer from Katrinchen.etsy. Or, howabout a Harf? Never heard of one? Well, we learn something every day. I just did. Harfs located at Amberae.etsy.

Tune in next week for mittens and slippers

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

cigarboxbeads said...

thank you, nature with me!
happy t-giving!
marilyn g

Amaia said...

Thanks for your post!! You´ve got a really nice blog. I´ll follow you for sure.

Sole Silbando

Lenox Knits said...

Thanks so much! It means a lot coming from you.

Splendid Little Stars said...

You found some great hats and scarves. Now I know what a harf is, too!

Deb G said...

So many pretty things...