Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finishing Projects: Loving Hands

Do you remember this project?I have been busy getting it finished!
The little hand on the left is Amilia's,
and
the big hand is mine.
Here is the pillow form, and this is the corner where I
closed the opening with hand stitching:
Here it is, all finished with a zipper, with the pillow form snuggling right inside:Closing up...C'est Finis!And ready for action!We gave this to Mr. Nature today for his birthday.

I have been sewing this and that most of my life,
but I had never before put a zipper in anything.
I am very pleased with the outcome.
Amilia's original artwork -
Immortalized.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

Its very nice. I wish I would take the time to learn to sew. Happy Holidays to you.

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a special gift! It turned out great! And Happy Birthday to Mr. Nature!