Thursday, December 31, 2009

On the Eve of the New Year

Mr. Nature and I had a lovely anniversary. Amilia visited family while Mr. Nature and I had a day in town. We shared a yummy portobello burger, and he had lentil soup while I had Brazilian black bean soup. Hummus happily accompanied the blue corn chips on our plates. Americano coffee tied it all together.

We reviewed our years together and considered what the future might bring. We discussed the economy and recent lack of employment opportunities. We shared our thoughts on the direction this country is moving. We mulled over the wonders of the universe and the path our creator has laid for us. We discussed the many things for which we are thankful, and recognized our many blessings.

It was cold and overcast, with a chill breeze blowing. Near our lunch place, there is a public area with benches and tables. Mr. Nature saw a homeless person wrapped up in a sleeping bag and huddled for warmth on one of the benches next to her worldly possessions. This site is all too common, and I lament that there is tragedy in the world. He bought her a bowl of soup and some bread and delivered it to her bench. We wish we could do more.

The man I married is a marvelous example of caring, giving, and empathy. Early in our relationship, he helped me help someone in need. It was then that I knew he was the one for me. He doesn't like to have it recognized. I do not recognize it for accolades, but as a battle cry. There is so much need in the world, and so many who have so little.

I want to embark upon the New Year
with hope.

I want to gather that hope and share it
with all who hope with me.


Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Deb G said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Sinclair. I hope this next year brings growth and opportunities...

Nancy said...

I'm glad you and Mr. Nature got to have a day together to celebrate your anniversary. How nice. And I lament with you, too, about those who have so little that they must sleep on park benches. It's just not right... There but for the grace of God go I...