Saturday, January 9, 2010

Knitting Books

I don't have many knitting books. When I do have a little money to spend, I usually would rather have yarn and needles so I can actually knit something than a book to drool over. The Internet provides so many free patterns and YouTube videos for technique that I rarely have to consult a book anyway. However, there are a few I have been eyeing.I would like to have The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes and Gauges because it gives conversions of patterns by yarn weight and needle size. Sometimes I can do this on my own and sometimes I cannot.
Socks From the Toe Up from Wendy Knits. Here is a bit of the description:
"Johnson provides five different techniques for starting a sock with the toe; three different heel techniques; several cast-off options; as well as instruction on knitting using double-pointed needles, two circular needles, or one long circular needle. The ballerina photos show off each sock pattern from multiple angles. The three basic sock patterns allow knitters to experiment with their own creations."

Since I have only ever knitted one sock just to see if I could, this is the book for me! I need a variety of techniques and patterns to become really comfortable with sock knitting.And, of course, One Skein Wonders by Judith Durant. Most of my knitting is done with only one skein, or sometimes two balls, so I would love to have a little treasury of patterns that I could refer to whenever I like.

I'm sure there are more books
that would love to contribute to my
library, but I haven't met them yet.
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Deb G said...

I'm on the look out for a Elizabeth Zimmerman book. Now that the farmer's market isn't going for a few months I need to remember to check the used book stores on a regular basis.