Saturday, January 16, 2010

What I am reading today

Sometimes I find things that I want to share with you, but they are already written so well elsewhere. Today, I am going to share with you some links to stories that got me thinking today. Some got my blood boiling. Some gave me hope.

Dr. Mercola: Why Haven't Fruit and Vegetable eaters been told about this toxic overload?

Happy Tot Baby Food Recall


However, if you go to the HappyBabyFood.com website, you will not find anything about a recall on their homepage. So, if you didn't find out about this from some other source, and you didn't know to click on the News tab in the navigation bar, and if you didn't look at the right sidebar while you were there, you woudn't know about the recall. Luckily, I have no babies at home and do not use this product. I would be making my own baby food from scratch at home if I did still have babies here. Thanks to Non-Toxic Kids on Twitter for sending out this information for me to find.

Feeding Your Family: Cheap and/or Green from PlasticLess.com

Doctors Without Borders lending aid in Haiti

I am wondering what might be my best way to help those in the disaster in Haiti. There are many places to send money, but I will be doing some further investigation into which I think is the best place to give. Yesterday, TripAdvisor.com sent out an email list of charities helping in Haiti. Here is their list:

The American Red Cross

www.redcross.org

Text "Haiti" to 90999 to donate $10 (billed to your phone)

The United Nations World Food Program

www.wfp.org


The Salvation Army

www.salvationarmyusa.org


Action Against Hunger

www.actionagainsthunger.org


Project HOPE

www.projecthope.org


Partners in Health

www.pih.org


What are you reading today?
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: