Saturday, February 13, 2010

Spirit Jump Cards for Cancer Day

(click the logo to zoom to the site)
Join a team
(here: enter team name Donna's Darlings)
and donate cards
to be delivered to cancer centers on April 10!

If you have read my blog for a while, you will know that I lost my dad to cancer almost 11 years ago. He was 52. When I was 12 years old, I lost a grandfather to cancer. He was 64. My mom's best friend died of cancer in 2007. We miss them.

These days, I would bet that it is very difficult to find even one person whose life has not been touched by cancer in some way. There are so many possible contributing factors, from the foods we eat to the cell phones we carry, the toxic chemicals in our environment, or just plain genetic predispositions.

I received a request in my email inbox from Nancy, a member of my [Craft] Hoarders Unite Team to help her build a Cards for Cancer Day team. I have some cards made, as well as card-making supplies, and I am jumping on board to help. I have pledged to send at least 5 cards to this cause.

Bloggers Unite has teamed up with Spirit Jump and Cards4Cancer to bring us this donaton drive, and here is some information from the Bloggers Unite page:

Objective:
Our purpose is to bring hope and comfort to the many men, women and children battling cancer!

On Saturday April 10th, 2010 Spirit Jump and the team leaders around the world will bring bags of cards to their local cancer centers to be given to those battling cancer. Cards can be collected by asking family members, friends, neighbors, schools, youth groups or just about anyway you can think of getting them. Cards can be handmade or store bought and should have a positive message to help JUMP the SPIRIT of someone who is battling cancer.

If you wish to join Nancy's team called Donna's Darlings, just follow the link above and enter your information into her Google spreadsheet. Or, you can message her through one of her Etsy shops or through one of her blogs:

VICTORIAN VISIONS at Etsy.com

GARMENTURE at Etsy.com

MY BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHG

Vintage Visions Blog

Handmade Heaven - patterns, how-tos, etc.

GROWING UP RICH IN A POOR FAMILY

See you there!


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: