Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Frogging

I finally finished frogging (unraveling) the crocheted scarf! I bought this scarf and matching hat a few years ago at one of my favorite annual block sales. The idea was to use it for a time and then harvest the yarn. It was always too wide for my taste, so I never used it much.It took much longer than I thought it would to deconstruct. I worked on it for a little piece of each day for three days! Finished Sunday night. I now have 505 yards of wool blend yarn with which to make something new and fabulous. But not for a while. I don't want to see this yarn again for at least a month or two.Amilia and Kate enjoyed playing together while I frogged on the deck on the first day of spring.
Unfortunately, this dog's idea of fun does not include playing with toys or fetching in any manner. So, Amilia had to throw and fetch her own frisbee. While Kate watched from her lying down position on the deck.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Deb G said...

I think "frogging" is such a funny term for unraveling yarn! Happy Spring!

Sinclair said...

I do also...I wonder where it originated?

Deb G said...

I don't know if this is true, but it made me laugh:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/FEATwin03TT.html

Sinclair said...

thanks for the link, Deb. I enjoyed the read.