Monday, March 29, 2010

Get Well Soon!

We have a family member in the hospital, so Amilia and I have been on a card making mission. This is the card I made yesterday to send off in the mail. It is made from handmade paper card stock with cotton fabric scraps sewn onto the front. Since Easter is coming, I am glad that the egg fabric is finally getting some use!

I cut out all the shapes and laid them in my chosen position. Then, I cut tiny bits of fusible webbing and basted the bits roughly together - just enough that they would not slide under the sewing needle. I used the sewing machine to stitch an outline border around the entire house. Next, I stitched the top of the curtains and the side of the door for stability and visual effect. I hand-stitched the chimney.

Originally, there were to be smoke plumes coming out of the chimney in bits of wool felt, but the bits crumbled as I was sewing. I could have embroidered smoke, but I like it just the way it is now. We like it so much, we hate to see it go. We will have to make more!

I will be making some more cards of various types this evening because the deadline has arrived to mail to Spirit Jump Cards For Cancer Day.

Be well.


Bookmark and Share

Add to Technorati Favorites

Photobucket

3 comments:

SLColman said...

Super cute card!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a cool card!

Sinclair said...

Thanks! I had a great time making it, and will definitely do more.