Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Spring!

We are blessed to have bright, warm, sunny weather at Deer Palace on this first day of spring. I had my first of many breakfasts outside on the West deck. I lingered with my coffee and a scarf I have been frogging (unraveling) since last night in order to harvest the yarn.

The scarf was constructed by crochet, and since I do not crochet, it took some doing for me to figure out the construction and to get it unraveling in the correct direction. Phew! Knitting is so much easier to unravel. Additionally, this scarf was partially felted, so it was an even more delicate process. I am curious about how many yards of yarn I will have when finished.

Wishing you all a beautiful
first day of spring!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Lori at Jarvis House said...

Your Forsythia looks great. You must be a few weeks ahead of us on Long Island. My forsythia still have tight buds. We did get a few days of 70+ degree weather so the Daffodils and Crocus are up and blooming, as well as the Snowdrops. We had a tremendous amount of snow and rain this year so I am still pumping and the back garden is still squishy.