Monday, March 1, 2010

Ravelympics Draws to a Close

Closing ceremonies last night ended my first ever Ravelympics run. I have handed in my team captain badge until another year. I have received the following medals during this round of Ravelympics:
(x3)
and...
It was a lot of fun to engage in faux competition with all those other Ravelers out there! I say faux because, in truth, everybody who finished their project and posted it to "cross the Finish Line" was awarded a medal.

I had a great time hanging in the Captain's Lounge and exchanging knitting war stories with fellow competitors. And I even enjoyed going to the First Aid tent when I dented my finger and got a stiff pinky from too much knitting. Chocolate and cocoa was dispensed freely. There were also virtual cocktails available.

I finished two washcloths, a pair of fingerless mitts, and a hat for this month's Sharing Our Gifts project to help ASAP Homeless Services in Florida. To all who participated in this month's project, I thank you immeasurably. To you fellow Ravelympics competitors, thanks for the fun, and see you 2012!



Photobucket

No comments: