Saturday, April 17, 2010

Zibbet.com

Have you heard of Zibbet.com? I ran across it by accident yesterday, and thought it might be a place you would like to visit. It is another handmade goods site, and it is new and still in beta testing mode.

I found this great red leather business card keeper there from a shop called SimplyLeather.

I also found this cute coin purse from DinkyDaisy.  Dinky Daisy has some other really fun designs as well, and has an Etsy shop of the same name.

The drawbacks of Zibbet? It seems relatively unsophisticated in site design, as compared to Etsy and Artfire. Search seems pretty limited, and the process of searching is somewhat cumbersome. The site is a little confusing to navigate, and it might prove more difficult to find something than most buyers are willing to venture. You have to register and be a member to make a purchase (but that is fairly common with many internet sites, so this might not be a real problem for most people).

The good thing about the site, for sellers at least, is that you can list and sell for free if you want just a basic account. They offer a premium membership with more seller's features for a monthly fee.

Since I am very interested in supporting the handmade market and hard working artisans, I just had to share this new find with you.  Take a visit and tell me what you think!




Bookmark and Share

Add to Technorati Favorites

Photobucket



3 comments:

Dinky Daisy said...

Thanks for featuring my purse :-) hope you have a lovely weekend.

Debs
x

KayzKreationz said...

I love that little red leather business card holder. Will have to check it out. Thanks.

http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com

simply leather said...

Thank you for featuring my little business card holder.....very sweet of you!!!