Monday, May 24, 2010

Checking in...

I have been busier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs lately, trying to keep my tail from being smushed! I have not had the energy at the end of each day to add anything here or to even gander at my favorite places to visit in the Blogosphere.

Today, however, was a fun day of pony rides and petting zoos and planting in the garden. I did not actually do the planting. I was too busy shivering in my TWO sweaters with my hands in my pocket and my hood pulled up to block the wind from my sensitive ears. Luckily for me, Mr. Nature rode to the rescue on his Mantis tiller and finished the tilling and, trowel in hand, put our pumpkins and tomatoes in the ground.

He has also been the one so far this spring to hunt down the eggs that our hens tend to lay all around the grounds. Lately, they like the junipers, and Mr. Nature has the scratches to prove that he has had to root around like a pig for truffles to get to our yolk-filled gems.

Here's hoping that spring will actually be sprung before it is overtaken by summer. I hear we experienced a 100 year record daytime low on Friday, with rain and ice falling from the sky in accompaniment. Cue the heat. Heater, that is.

Wishing you a wonderful week.



Bookmark and ShareAdd to Technorati FavoritesPhotobucket

No comments: