Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Natural Beekeeping

We had planned to begin beekeeping this year, but we are just not ready yet this season. We are still researching and looking at what supplies are essential. One thing I learned is that many beekeepers feed their bees fondant to get them through the winter because the honey has all been harvested by fall. I don't eat fondant, and I don't want to feed commercially prepared fondant to any bees, ever (I believe it to have high fructose corn syrup, among other ingredients I find objectionable). I might have to do a post about fondant next! I cannot find even one ingredient list for commercially prepared fondant. For now, here is a video I have found helpful and interesting in my beekeeping research...



Bookmark and ShareAdd to Technorati FavoritesPhotobucket

1 comment:

Deb G said...

I really like the idea of having bees but I think it's one more project than I can manage. Think I'll stick with planting bee friendly plants. :)