Wednesday, June 9, 2010

and when you are 6

You get to muse for hours over soft, fuzzy caterpillars. I found this one for Amilia last Sunday morning while I was having my breakfast on the patio. I grabbed her bug home and Mr. Nature made a little nest of moist leaves and popped [him] inside.The colors were beautiful, and watching from the outside while he crawled up the wire was really fun also. It is amazing how their little feet can grab and hold like fingers. We only kept him a few hours, and then put him down by the junipers with the door open. He made his way out by nightfall.

While it would be fun to keep him through chrysalis stage and beyond, I/we felt that it was not our place to play "Caterpillar, Interrupted."

Living vicariously is fun. I should do it more...

Bookmark and ShareAdd to Technorati FavoritesPhotobucket

2 comments:

Lenox Knits said...

What a cute find. I used to love wooly worms as we called them. I haven't seen one in years, but perhaps I should more closely.

c jane said...

Hi Amilia,

just like that caterpillar, one day you are going to turn into a colorful butterfly. Lucky for you, you have something that caterpillar doesn't--a really cool mom with a really fantastic camera.

love,
Courtney