Tuesday, June 8, 2010

to be 6 again

Amilia says she wants to be 4 again because she is getting too big to be carried and she can't be a "baby" anymore and she thinks all her fun in life is over.It made me think, wouldn't it be nice to be 6 again, just for a week or two? Oh, the fun I would have! My pretend horse herd is still there waiting for me, and I KNOW my pink Huffy bike would love to go for a spin (sorry green Schwinn, you were given over to another family member who was smaller than I).What would be even better is if I could be 6 AT THE SAME TIME that she is 6 so she and I could have a proper play together. Her horse herd would love to be integrated with mine. Her pink bike is raring to go (if we could wrestle it back from the monkey). And I am ready to escape the adult chains that bind me.

Until that carnival comes through town with the fortune telling machine that will transport me to my 6-year-old self, I am living vicariously. And, I had to remind her that 4 wasn't nearly as much fun as 6. She couldn't run as fast, she couldn't blow bubbles or play the harmonica as well, and she had not yet learned to whistle.

Ah, to be 6 again...
Bookmark and ShareAdd to Technorati FavoritesPhotobucket

No comments: