Sunday, July 4, 2010

happy Independence Day!

I whipped up this little bottle cozy yesterday in honor of Independence Day. I am very cold sensitive, so I need a cover on bottles and glasses when I am drinking a very cold beverage. I have some in pink and in orange and black for Halloween, but had none for this day. I like it! I am going to make a few more this afternoon.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday, and I encourage you, in addition to the barbecuing, swimming, drinking, and eating, to get to know our Independence and Freedom documents.

Review the:

Magna Carta
Mayflower Compact
Call to Arms
Declaration of Independence
Constitution of the United States
Federalist Papers
Washington's Farewell Address
Lincoln's Gettysburg Address

"...that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion; that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom; and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Know the presidents, INCLUDING those who were president BEFORE our current constitution was set in place. Know what our government is doing. Make it your business to dig deep and find out what is going on in our country - don't just ingest the sound bytes from television or clips from the newspaper. It is our job, each and every one of us, to KNOW these documents, to KNOW our history, and to make certain that our individual freedoms are preserved for our progeny.

I will be studying these documents over
grilled bison and wild salmon and
spicy potato salad and
stuffed jalapenos
and beer
this
day.

Be safe!
Happy 4th of July!

Bookmark and ShareAdd to Technorati FavoritesPhotobucket

No comments: