Friday, February 25, 2011

RAK and such


I cleaned out my little jewelry holder last weekend and sent about half of the contents to a person I don't know. I am a member of a group called RAK (random acts of kindness) and someone's wish list included unwanted or broken jewelry. None of my jewelry is of the expensive type, but here were plenty of beaded bracelets and other fun costume jewelry.

Some of the beaded items were made by me, and some were purchased here and there. Most of them had been with me for several years. Now that my stash is lighter, I hardly remember what I gave up. I am glad that someone else will enjoy the items for a time, and that I have one area of belongings that is a little more streamlined.

After the cleaning out, I realized I needed a little pouch to hold my shawl pins and wooden shawl pin circles, so I made the cute little birdie drawstring bag above. Tweet tweet! Chipper the hamster could not resist sneaking into the photo...

How do you rid yourself of items you no longer use?

PhotobucketBookmark and ShareAdd to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great idea to give away something you don't nee/want to someone who does! Cute bag!

Heather Collins said...

What a nice thing to do :)

I was a member of a RAK on Ravelry. Is that the same group you are in?

When we are done with things, with either give them to a thrift store or pass them on to a friend who needs/wants them. I have been passing on my daughter's clothes to one of her friends, who is younger than her.