Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Fashy Wears Cashmere

I have a hot water bottle. I LOVE my hot water bottle. When you are living the frugal life and trying to get back to basics, I think a hot water bottle is among the must-haves. It is soothing for any number of ailments, aches, pains, or sore necks. It warms your bed, your toes, your tummy, or anything else you need warmed.

My hot water bottle wears a cashmere sweater. I LOVE the feel of cashmere on my feet under the covers at night. I repurposed a thrifted (purchased at a thrift store in like new condition for $3.99) cashmere sweater with some snazzy argyle detail into a couture sweater for my Fashy.

When I went looking for a hot water bottle, I had no idea it would be so difficult to find the old standard like we had when I was a child. I did a lot of internet surfing to find one that looked promising. Then I read about Fashy bottles on a Ravelry forum, and loved that they are made in Germany and not in China. I ordered one through a seller on Amazon, and I. AM. HOOKED!

I put hot (but not boiling) water in it at bed time, slide it under the covers near my feet, and at 6am, it is still warm. It keeps me toasty all night, and soothes the day away. Electric heating pads are not recommended for prolonged use, or for use in bed or while sleeping. With hot water bottles, I don't have to worry about electrical currents, or any other such safety issue.

I highly recommend a hot water bottle (HWB) in every household! (This was not a sponsored post.) I looked high and low, and I think Fashy is the best bottle out there right now. It is not the old rubber standby, but is a soft, flexible silicone type material that really holds the heat and makes it last a long time. Now, it just needs a name besides Fashy. And Amilia and Mr. Nature are getting their own, because we have all been converted to HWB maniacs.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.............

PhotobucketBookmark and ShareAdd to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Lori at Jarvis House said...

I am a back to basics person too. I never thought of a water bottle for my feet at night. The sweater idea is adorable and practical. You go Girl!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Yep. Nothing like something to warm your toes while you sleep! And this one is so fashionable!