Friday, February 10, 2012

The warmth of winter...

(Photo from The Woolery)
Well, hello there.

I hope you are enjoying your winter time, though it feels more like spring around here! I have been doing a lot of knitting, and have finally begun the task of learning to spin my own yarn. I have used a drop spindle at various points in the past, but I never found it an enjoyable experience. I have had a couple of lessons on spinning wheels owned by other people, but did not have one of my own - until now.

I was recently gifted a beautiful used Ashford Joy single treadle, and I am overjoyed! I need a lot of practice, and so far have not been successful at creating any useable yarn, but it is just a matter of getting the tension correct, and getting my two hands and one foot to each do independent tasks in unison in just the right rhythm.

I am a whiz at treadaling because my grandmother had an old treadle Singer sewing machine that I loved to play with when I was a child.

When I have something worthwhile come off my spindle, I will share a photo or two.

Happy winter,

PhotobucketBookmark and Share-->Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

Sounds like fun!

Christine Eubanks said...

"When I have something worthwhile come off my spindle, I will share a photo or two."

Yes please. Looks like this is a fun. I want to see the pictures :)

Regards,
Christine Eubanks
GMO Labeling