Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas, the day after

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I hope you enjoyed time with family and friends, ate scrumptious food, and remembered to be thankful for the most important things in life. I hope you also got some good presents.

I had a very good Christmas.  I didn't get to see all of my family, but I did get to Skype with the ones who are distant, and talk on the phone to others, and hold close the ones who are right here with me. We enjoyed the wait for Santa.

Amilia was up at least 4 times through the night on Christmas Eve. I love that she is still willing to embrace the magic of this holiday. I think it is important to preserve the willingness to believe in wondrous things for as long as possible.

It is all too easy to lose that sense of wonder, or to have it crushed.  What a dull world this would be if we all had to give up imagination and wonder.  I, for one, hope to never be that dull.  What helps us to stir that holiday spirit?  We make our own decorations, listen to holiday music, light candles, read and play together, and watch the annual movies:  The Polar Express, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, and A Christmas Story.

Now, it is time to pack it all away until next year.  It will be there waiting for us next December when it will pop back out of those boxes with a bright call to enjoy holiday cheer once again.

 Photobucket Bookmark and Share--> Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: