Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Unknown Future

I hope you all are well. I have let my blog languish for far too long. I have been busy - trying to decide what direction this blog should take, and whether it should take any direction at all. I really enjoy blogging, but I have so many interests to puruse and so little time in which to squeeze them all in, something had to give. It was the blog.

I blink, and six months has gone by with no post here at all. Blogger has changed its features and how I post, and I am not familiar with the new dashboard. It takes time to keep up-to-date with the electronic technical changes and "upgrades" to the blogging platform. Frankly, I was not happy with many of the changes, and I was dissatisfied that my login is now a Google login. I have trouble remembering my login information because I have had to merge so many times when large Intenet companies merge/go belly up/sell out to others.

I don't like having to use a Google login to go to YouTube, Blogger, etc. I want a separate login for each place - and I don't want Facebook to log me in to any place but Facebook. I really don't use Facebook for anything but a place I can go to contact certain people if I so choose. I didn't join Pinterest for a very long time because it originally had to be done through Facebook. I don't want to log in to a site and have another site "know" I am logged in. I don't want to be tracked and sent "targeted" advertising based on something I browsed on Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, Overstock, or any other site. I want to explore in an environment that allows me to find what I want when I want it, and that will not try to intuit what it THINKS I MIGHT WANT TO FIND.

All this Big Partnering by "smart" technology has really soured my taste for blogging and other online activity. I expected this post to be about a new knitting pattern I just finished, but my fingers took over and wrote something completely different. Something that I don't see many people voicing, but that needs to be said nonetheless.

 I plan to try to get myself back here more often because I miss blogging and connecting with the blogging community, but I really don't know at this point how often that will be, or whether I will be able to get back into the nice groove I once had here.

Here's to the unknown future...

 Photobucket Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Gryffinitter said...

Followed you here from Rav and found this.

I feel exactly the same way.

I do not want a thing to do with the cloud - I understand why it is being pushed, and none of the reasons are any good for me or my purposes. I do not want to feel that my computer is my enemy, and yet at this point I do. I needed a new one because the old one was old and needed more everything to work well online - this Windows 8 I have is driving me nuts, it does things I neither need nor want, I try to make it stop, and I am not even sure I have.

I despise that Google seems to own everything, that everyone wants me to tie in to Facebook, etc, etc, everything you said with a side dish of "How DARE they!"

Just saying, because you seemed to feel alone when you wrote this post last year. You are not the only person who feels this way.